Traditional Japanese Koto Harp Lesson and Private Performance in Kyoto
Discover the world of Japanese music through a beginner-friendly koto harp lesson. Learn how to properly strum the notes to play a simple piece with your instructor. In the end, enjoy a wonderful concert by a professional performer.
- Any cancellations made between 3 business days (18:00 local time) to 2 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 6 & up)||$96 $80*$96|
- Certificate of completion
- Koto rental / Plectra rental / Sheet music rental
- English-speaking assistant
- Japanese-speaking instructor
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 7 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 10:00, 14:00
- 1 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
7-minute walk from Saiin Station on the Hankyu Railway or Keifuku Randen Tram Line.
15-minute walk from JR Tanba station.
5-minute walk from Nishioji Matsubara bus stop on bus #205 from Kyoto station.
7-minute walk from Shijo Onmaedori bus stop on bus #26 or #28 from Kyoto station.
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity, however this activity is recommended for children 10 years old and above to fully enjoy and understand the experience.
- This activity will be held in Japanese with basic English instructions.
Dressing & Items to Bring
|Traditional Japanese Koto Harp Lesson and Private Performance in Kyoto|
Check-in at Kyomachiya Kiotto
Get an introduction to the koto harp instrument. See how the actual instrument is like along with how the sound is produced.
Positioning and Playing
The koto harp is played using a special plectra placed on your fingers that are used to strum the strings. Learn how to position yourself by the koto harp to properly play the notes one by one.
Once you got the basics down, try practicing playing the famous Japanese song, "Sakura Sakura." Your instructor will guide you through to be able to master the song.
Play Different Songs
After getting comfortable try playing different songs and play together with your instructor! Create a wonderful harmony while having fun making music with a traditional Japanese instrument.
Take this wonderful opportunity to listen to a professional musician play stunning pieces on the koto. Lend your ears to the fantastic tunes as you relax to the melodious sounds.
Photos and Q&A
Receive a certificate of completion of your koto lesson and take a memorable photo of your experience. If you have any questions for your instructor, feel free to ask.
Check-out at Kyomachiya Kiotto