Karuizawa Town Historic Cycling Tour with a Local Guide in Nagano
Tours not marked Instant booking may take 48 hours of confirmation from supplier. Please book tickets while keeping this time for getting back with confirmation
Venture to the famous sites of the nature-rich town of Karuizawa on a bike. Trace the past of this vacation town by listening to an experienced local guide who will happily accommodate you as you cycle around on this family-friendly tour.
- Any cancellations made between 8 business days (18:00 local time) to 3 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 3 business days (18:00 local time) to 1 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Prices Starts From:10-05-2019 Ends On:01-01-2038 Available Days: All Days
|Adult/Child (Age 7 & Up)||$86|
|Child (Age 0-6)||$0|
- Bike rental fee
- Japanese-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 2 (Minimum tickets to be booked)
09:00, 09:30, 10:00, 10:30,
11:00, 11:30, 12:00, 12:30,
13:00, 13:30, 14:00, 14:30,
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Head to the North Exit of the station and take the escalator down to the 1st floor. Turn left until you arrive at the elevator on the other side. Staff will be waiting in front of the elevator.
- Children ages 7 years and above who are able to ride the bike on their own can join in this activity.
- Infants (ages 6 years old and below) must be seated in a child seat.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- In case this tour is cancelled by the tour operator due to bad weather condition and other unforeseen circumstances, cancellation fees will not be charged.
- This tour includes a basic medical insurance to insure participants for minor accidents. For participants who wish for an extensive medical insurance, please apply on your own.
- Participants who will bring their own bike will avail a discount of JPY 1,000 from the stated price above.
- An English-speaking guide can be arranged for an additional fee. Please select the add-on option upon booking.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
|Karuizawa Town Historic Cycling Tour with a Local Guide in Nagano|
Check-in at Karuizawa Station North Exit
After meeting with your guide, receive your rental bike at the nearby cycle shop and discuss the routes you will take for this tour. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your guide.
Located just 20 minutes away from the station, Kumoba Pond gives out a wonderful scenery as the surrounding trees reflect beautifully in its waters. During spring or fall, you would see the water illuminated in pink or red.
Old Karuizawa Area
Trace the deep past of this town by touring around the old area of Karuizawa. For this part, you will observe the historic St. Paul Church and Shaw Memorial Church. After this, the tour will proceed to the Karuizawa tennis club to reminisce the lovely story of the Heisei emperor and empress.
Karuizawa Ohga Hall and Yagasaki Park
A pentagon-shaped concert hall which consists of 784 seats and was constructed in 2004, Karuizawa Ohga Hall is beautifully situated beside the Yagasaki Park.
Tour Ends at Karuizawa Station