Introductory Shamisen Lesson in Tokyo with English-Speaking Instructor
Try your hand at a beloved traditional Japanese instrument, the shamisen. Let a shamisen master teach you how to strum notes to create a soothing song in English. Beginners are welcome to enjoy this authentic musical experience in Tokyo. Discover the art of shamisen; a traditional three-stringed musical instrument played with a small flat plectrum called a bachi to strum the notes. Commonly used to accompany kabuki and folk songs, learn how to play this unique Japanese instrument with your shamisen master, Fujika Toyo. Playing since 1969, take this wonderful opportunity to experience a hands-on lesson to produce beautiful music. First-timers and musicians of all levels are welcome!
- Any cancellations made between 5 business days (12:00 local time) to 1 business days (12:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 23:59 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 7 & up)||$82|
- Instrument usage fee
- English-speaking instructor
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 3 & Max Qty: 5
- 13:00, 15:00, 17:00
- 1 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
- 5-minute walk from Setagaya Station on the Setagaya Line.
- Children 7 years old and above can participate in this activity.
|Introductory Shamisen Lesson in Tokyo with English-Speaking Instructor|
Check-in at Toyo Fujika Shamisen
Get a first-hand experience playing the shamisen taught by a prominent artist. Begin with the basics then move onto learning how to play famous Japanese songs such as "Sakura" or the "Sukiyaki Song."
Tea and Snacks
After your lesson, relax with a cup of tea and some snacks. Review parts of your lesson or ask any questions to discover more about the world of shamisen music.
Check-out at Toyo Fujika Shamisen