Private Tea Ceremony at Gionji Temple with a Head Monk in Tokyo
Step away from the busy streets of Tokyo to experience a moment of peace with a cup of matcha green tea specially prepared by a head monk of a 1300-year-old temple. Get helpful assistance as you take part in an authentic tea ceremony.
- Any cancellations made between 7 business days (23:59 local time) to 2 business days (23:59 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 23:59 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 13 & up)||$126|
|Observer (Age 7-12)||$0|
- Tea ceremony fee
- Japanese sweets
- English-speaking assistant
- Japanese-speaking instructor
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Min Qty: 2 & Max Qty: 20
- 11:00, 13:00, 15:00
- 1 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
- Around a 15-minute walk from Fuda Station on the Keio Line.
- Around a 5-minute taxi ride from Fuda Station.
- Children ages 7-12 may take part for free but will only be able to observe and not take part in the lesson or receive a separate cup of tea.
- For participants who have difficulty sitting with their legs folded on the floor, there will be stools provided for assistance.
- Participants will be asked to take off their accessories such watches, bracelets, rings and necklace before the activity as these may damage the tea ware.
- For participants who has food allergies please be cautious as this activity will involve eating Japanese sweets and tea,
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Please bring or wear white socks upon entering the tearoom.
|Private Tea Ceremony at Gionji Temple with a Head Monk in Tokyo|
Check-in at Gionji Temple
Reception and Tour of the Main Hall
Check-in at the reception and meet the head monk who will be assisting your tea ceremony. Before your tea experience, go on a tour around the main hall as you take this opportunity to explore and take photos.
Head to a special tea room that overlooks a lovely Zen garden. Enjoy an authentic tea experience as the master prepares a cup of matcha green tea for you. Savor the bold flavors along with some sweet Japanese confectionaries.
After an explanation by your master, try preparing a cup of tea for yourself. Get helpful assistance as you use the unique tools and techniques to make your own cup of tea!
End this tour by taking a memorable photo at the temple.
Check-out from Gionji Temple