Tokyo Cultural Walking Tour to Ueno, Yanaka & Sendagi
Explore Tokyo's old town, known as the shitamachi. Visit local shopping streets and see the famous Ueno Park. Find the heart of Tokyo in Ueno, Yanaka and Sendagi! Despite its modern image, Tokyo still hides a treasure of traditional neighborhoods. Visit Yanaka, home to a plethora of cats and charming shopping streets bursting with local treats and interesting shops. Explore Kaneiji Temple, the family temple of the powerful Tokugawa clan, and stroll through nearby Ueno Park.
- Any cancellations made between 15 business days (18:00 local time) to 3 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 3 business days (18:00 local time) to 2 business days (18:00 local time) prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult (Age 12 & up)||$164 $119*$164 $119*$164 $119*$164 $119*$164|
|Child (Age 6-11)||$38|
|Infant (Age 0-5)||$0|
- Guidance in the language of your choice
- Train fare
- 4 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Pick-up service is limited to hotels within a 10 minute walk from a station on the JR Yamanote Line or inside the circle of the JR Yamanote Line.
- The program duration is an estimate. It may be subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or other conditions.
- The tours are mainly offered in English, but Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Korean and Portuguese are also available.
- Fees for public transportation are included. However, for the use of taxis or hired cars there will be additional charges.
- This is a shared tour and other participants may be accompanying you on the day of your tour.
|Tokyo Cultural Walking Tour to Ueno, Yanaka & Sendagi|
Meet-up with guide at your hotel lobby
Hop on the JR or metro line with your guide, and head over to Ueno. The famous park is filled with temples, museums, important memorials and a large lily-filled park!
Originally Ueno Park was part of the grounds of this once wealthy, powerful temple. Here you will find the family grave of the Tokugawa clan, rulers during the Edo Period.
Get a feeling for the Tokyo of yore in this charming traditional area. The shopping streets are bursting with tasty snacks and cute stores, surrounded by temples and the serene Yanaka Cemetary.
Check-out from either Nippori or Sendagi Station