Appenzell Day Tour from Zurich with Lindt Chocolate Shop and Cheese Factory
Price On Request
Embark on a journey to idyllic Eastern Switzerland from Zurich. Explore the lovely village of Appenzell, ride to the top of Mt. Hoher Kaste, visit Lindt Chocolate Shop and enjoy some cheese tasting!
- Any cancellations made after 10:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Appenzeller cheese tasting
- Admission to Museum Appenzell
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide/driver
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 10 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 9 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Arrival by tramway
1. Take tramway no. 4 / 13 / 17 and alight at the stop "Sihlquai / HB".
2. The coach parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by train
1. Take a train to Zürich main train station (HB). The departure place is located on the backside of the train station, about 5 – 10 minutes walking distance away.
2. Go to track no. 18. This is the last track on the street level. Walk along the track with the tracks to your left and the street to your right until the street turns to the right. Follow the street to the right and you will see a restaurant called "St. Gallerhof", then Hotel Walhalla and a Starbucks coffee shop.
3. The bus parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
- Infants (5 years old and below) are not suitable to join the tour. Exceptions are upon request.
- If less than 5 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- The tour is in English and German.
- This activity operates regardless of weather.
- This tour is operated with an air-conditioned comfortable 7-seater minivan or 13- to 16-seater minibus.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- A valid government-issued photo ID
Check-in at Sihlquai Bus Parking
Departure from Zurich
Lindt Chocolate Shop
Satisfy your sweet tooth and shop for some delicious Swiss chocolates at the Lindt Chocolate shop! Resume the tour to Rapperswil, renowned for its medieval castle before heading to the vibrant region of Appenzell.
Appenzeller Cheese Factory
Once in Stein, visit the factory where the famed Appenzeller cheese is made! Learn more about cheese-making and the ancient traditions of this region as you savor delectable aged cheese.
Free Time at Appenzell
Discover the enchanting village of Appenzell at your own pace. Take stunning photos of the charming wooden houses and visit the Brauquoll Appenzell. Explore the Museum Appenzell and know more about the town's rich traditions.
Meet with your guide and go to the town's main square. Stop by a traditional bakery for a chance to buy delicious goods before your return to the city.
Return to Zurich
Check-out at Sihlquai Bus Parking