Highlights of Switzerland Two-Day Tour from Zurich with Mt. Pilatus & Mt. Titlis
Price On Request
See the highlights of Switzerland on this overnight excursion from Zurich! Visit and explore Lucerne then enjoy an overnight stay beneath the clear star-filled sky atop Mt. Pilatus and glaciers on Mt. Titlis.
- Any cancellations made after 09:30 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Cogwheel railway ticket
- Welcome drink
- Breakfast buffet
- Transportation fee
- Train fare
- Cable car fee
- Accommodation fee
- English-speaking guide
- 9 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Arrival by tramway
1. Take tramway no. 4 / 13 / 17 and alight at the stop "Sihlquai / HB".
2. The coach parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
Arrival by train
1. Take a train to Zürich main train station (HB). The departure place is located on the backside of the train station, about 5 – 10 minutes walking distance away.
2. Go to track no. 18. This is the last track on the street level. Walk along the track with the tracks to your left and the street to your right until the street turns to the right. Follow the street to the right and you will see a restaurant called "St. Gallerhof", then Hotel Walhalla and a Starbucks coffee shop.
3. The bus parking is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here".
- If less than 5 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- The tour is available in English and Spanish.
- You will not be accompanied by a guide during leisure time and overnight stay on Mt. Pilatus and in the morning of the second day.
- Child discount is based on 2 full paying adults/parents in the same room/bed with the child.
- From November 2019 to early May 2020, there will be no guide on Mt. Pilatus but there will be an additional lunch voucher worth 20 CHF per adult, redeemable at Bellevue Restaurant.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- Walking shoes
- Warm clothing
Check-in at Sihlquai Bus Parking
Start of Tour
Head to Lucerne
Board a comfortable coach in Zurich and view the idyllic countryside and the Lake of the Four Cantons on the way to Lucerne. See the town's popular sights, including the Lion Monument and have free time to explore the Old Town at your own pace.
Continue to Kriens and take the panoramic gondola and aerial cableway "Dragon Ride" to the summit of Mt. Pilatus. Revel in the astonishing view of the alpine scenery and serene lakes from the top.
Check-in at the hotel and spend the afternoon however you like. Have the option to take a hike around the peak or climb to the top. In the evening, enjoy your welcome drink and indulge in a delicious 3-course seasonal dinner of your choice in one of the many restaurants.
Overnight Stay at a Hotel Atop Mount Pilatus
Have an amazing night's sleep under a clear, starry sky and be mesmerized as you gaze at the beautiful sunrise and scenic views in the morning.
Cogwheel Train Ride to Alpnachstad
Descent to Alpnachstad by the steepest cogwheel train in the world at 48% gradient and hop on a train to Lucerne (unescorted). At the Lucerne tourist Information office, meet your tour guide for an unforgettable snowy adventure.
Guided Tour of Mt. Titlis
After breakfast, board a coach to Engelberg to begin your Mt. Titlis adventure. Take in the sights of the impressive glaciers and surrounding mountains from the revolving cable car Rotair. Bring out your camera for some postcard-worthy photos once you reach the top.
Enjoy your view of the Alps from the restaurants (lunch not included) or the sun terrace. Choose from the many fun activities you can do: visit the Glacier Cave, explore the Glacier Park, or take a ride with the IceFlyer to Europe’s highest suspension bridge (weather permitting), the Cliff Walk.
Tour Ends at Sihlquai Bus Parking