Jungfraujoch Day Trip from Zurich with Cogwheel Train Tickets
Price On Request
Travel from Zurich to Jungfraujoch, the top of Europe and the highest train station in the continent. Spend a day in one of the most enthralling parts of the Swiss Alps, Bernese Oberland, and discover two of its gems, Grindelwald and Interlaken.
- Any cancellations made after 08:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Cogwheel train ticket
- Alpine Sensation entry
- Sphinx Observation Terrace and Plateau entry
- Ice Palace entry (weather permitting)
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 10 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 12 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Arriving by tram
1. Take the No. 4 / 13 / 17 tram and get off at the Sihlquai / HB stop.
2. The bus parking area is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office is marked with a sign saying 'Best of Switzerland Tours Tickets Here'.
Arriving by train
1. Take a train to Zurich's main train station (Zurich Hauptbahnhof). The meeting point is located towards the back of the train station, a 5~10 minute walk.
2. Go to track no. 18. This is the last track on the street level. Walk along keeping the tracks to your left and the street to your right until the street turns to the right. Follow the street to the right and you will see the St. Gallerhof restaurant, Hotel Walhalla and a Starbucks coffee shop.
3. The bus parking area is located across the street and the meeting point is a white ticket office is marked with a sign saying 'Best of Switzerland Tours Tickets Here'.
- If less than 5 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- The tour is available in English, Spanish, and Mandarin.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- This activity operates regardless of weather.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- Winter jacket
Check-in at Sihlquai Bus Parking Area (Limmatstrasse 4)
Start of Tour
Quick Stop at Interlaken
Your adventure begins with a scenic journey through the beautiful countryside to the beguiling Bernese Oberland. Take a short break in Interlaken to stretch your legs and admire the vibrant view of Lake Brienz and Lake Thun.
Cogwheel Train Ride to Jungfraujoch
Ride the cogwheel train in Grindelwald for a remarkable journey through Kleine Scheidegg mountain pass to Jungfraujoch. Relish the view of the picture-perfect peaks of Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau along the way. Feel as though you can reach out and touch the north face of Mt Eiger during the trip.
Welcome to Jungfraujoch
Bask in the alpine scenery and take postcard-worthy photos from the top of the mountain. Join the adventure tour "Alpine Sensation" before heading to the Sphinx Observatory. Revel in the views of snow-capped peaks and the Aletsch Glacier before admiring the ice sculptures at the Ice Palace.
While lunch is not included in the tour, there are several restaurants where you can dine while looking over the mountains, or shops with light snacks (including Switzerland's famous Lindt chocolate!) for sale.
Head Back Down the Mountain
On the way down, pass by the town of Wengen and proceed to Lauterbrunnen where the coach awaits you for the return trip to Zurich.
Return Journey to Zurich
Sit back, relax or take a quick nap as you get whisked back to Zurich after your day exploring the Top of Europe.
Check-out at Sihlquai Bus Parking Area