Private Lucerne and Mount Pilatus Day Tour from Zurich with Steepest Train Ride
Set off on an enchanting private tour to Lucerne and ascend to Mt. Pilatus via aerial cable car. Take in sweeping views as you ride the world's steepest cogwheel railway from the Swiss Alps.
- Any cancellations made after 09:30 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
|Adult/Child (Age 0 & Up)||$1090|
- Cogwheel train ticket
- Lunch (winter only)
- Charter fee
- Cruise fee
- Cable car fee
- English-speaking guide
- 9 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
This tour is operated with an air-conditioned comfortable 7-seater minivan or 13- to 16-seater minibus.
- You will not be accompanied by a guide on the mountain and on the journey from Kriens to Lucerne.
- The tour is in English, German and Spanish from 5 May to 18 Nov. The tour will be in English and German with Spanish on request from April to 4 May and 19 Nov to early May 2019.
- The cogwheel train operates from mid-May until 18 November (depending on the snow conditions). Prior/post this date, the tour is held according to winter program. In case it does not operate, it will be compensated with a lunch voucher.
- Boat cruise operates from mid-May to 21 October. When it does not operate, it will be compensated with a lunch voucher.
- The lunch voucher amounts to CHF 20 per adult and CHF 10 per child. The voucher is exchangeable at Pilatus self-service restaurant.
|Private Lucerne and Mount Pilatus Day Tour from Zurich with Steepest Train Ride|
Pick-up at Select Hotels in Zurich
Depart for Lucerne
Relax on a lovely coach journey through the beautiful countryside and along the Lake of the four Cantons to Lucerne. There will be a short photo stop at Lake Lucerne or the Lion Monument. After a quick city tour, you will have about an hour of free time to explore on your own.
Cable Car Ride from Kriens
Take the panoramic gondolas from Kriens to Frakmuntegg. This aerial cableway known as the "Dragon Ride" offers jaw-dropping views from the cable cars, which are specially designed to give you a feeling of flying.
Free Time at Mt. Pilatus
Arrive at your final stop, Mt. Pilatus, a colossal wonder standing 7000 ft (2132 m) above sea level. Spend your free time admiring the spectacular views of the Alps and the lakes or explore one of many hiking trails.
Steepest Cogwheel Train Ride
Descend the mountain aboard the world's steepest cogwheel railway (48% gradient) to Alpnachstad. Grab the opportunity to snap striking photos from this record-breaking ride, which is only available from early May to 18 November.
Boat Cruise from Alpnachstad
Cruise down the beautiful Lake of the Four Cantons to soak in outstanding landscape scenes from an entirely different angle. The boat cruise is available from 5 May to 21 October. Outside that period, your tour will include a delightful lunch instead of a cruise (22 Oct to early May).
Return to Zurich
Drop-off at Select Hotels in Zurich