- United Kingdom
- Oban, Glencoe, West Highland Lochs & Castles Day Tour From Glasgow
Oban, Glencoe, West Highland Lochs & Castles Day Tour From Glasgow
Price On Request
Tours not marked Instant booking may take 48 hours of confirmation from supplier. Please book tickets while keeping this time for getting back with confirmation
This day trip from Glasgow takes you around the most scenic locations in the West Highlands of Scotland. From Loch Lomond to Glencoe, follow the trails, shores, and villages frequented by folk heroes.
- Any cancellations made after 08:30 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Transportation fee
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 8 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 10 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Transportation is by a 16 seater Mercedes-Benz mini-coach.
- Children 5 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Please arrive at your check-in location 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- Entry to Inveraray Castle is only available between April and September.
- Children under 1.35 meters will be provided a booster seat. Please specify the child's height upon booking.
- Storage facilities are available near the tour departure points.
- Travelers with luggage that exceed the specified size and weight will not be allowed to join the tour.
- Meals are not included in the price.
- Admission to sites described in the tour is not included in the price.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Walking shoes
- Clothing that can get wet
- Luggage up to 31 lbs (14kg) per person is allowed.
- Luggage must be similar to an airline carry-on bag (55cm x 45cm x25cm / 22in x 17in x10in).
- An additional small bag for onboard personal items is allowed.
|Oban, Glencoe, West Highland Lochs & Castles Day Tour From Glasgow|
Check-in at the Parish Hall
Depart from Glasgow
Drive northwest along Loch Lomond until you reach a viewpoint called "Rest and Be Thankful". Then continue up the steep mountain-side roads known as the Arrochar Alps.
Arrive in the harbor town of Inveraray where its famed castle and Loch Fyne await. Explore the village, visiting sites like the Old Jail. If you travel between April and October, grab the chance to enter the 18th-century Inveraray Castle.
Loch Awe and Kilchurn Castle
The tour winds its way through the tough knot of the mountains known as Breadalbane. From here, you will access the magnificent ruins of Kilchurn Castle on the edge of Loch Awe, the longest loch in the country.
Have lunch in Oban (own expense), the Gateway to the Isles and the Seafood Capital of Scotland. Savor the town's charm and delicacies before traveling north along the west coast around Appin, passing Castle Stalker.
Head down to Glencoe, the valley dotted with mesmerizing cliffsides and slopes. Its sheer beauty and tragic tales have caught the attention of countless storytellers, making the landscapes a setting for blockbusters like the Harry Potter series.
Glen Falloch and Luss
Pass by Loch Lomond again on your way to Glen Falloch. Travel to the 18th-century village of Luss which has been beautified with old workers cottages. Stroll down its peaceful, sandy bay.
Return to Glasgow
Check-out at the Parish Hall