Bronx Little Italy and Arthur Avenue Guided Walking Food Tour
Price On Request
Surround yourself with authentic Italian bakeries, butcher shops, fish markets, specialty stores and more on an adventure in Bronx's own Little Italy. Relive the history of Belmont and Fordham Road from your expert guide! Explore Belmont and Arthur Avenue, known as New York’s culinary center for authentic Italian bakeries, butcher shops, fish markets, specialty stores and more! Departing from Grand Central Station in midtown, first learn the history of Belmont and Fordham Road while seeing how generations of Italian, Irish and other immigrants have cultivated the history of the Bronx. Then, shop and sample optional culinary treats in Bronx’s Little Italy. There is plenty to see and every bit of shopping on this tour helps support the small local businesses of the Bronx. What a way to spend the day in NYC!
- Any cancellations made after 11:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 9 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 3 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Please meet your guide outside of Grand Central Terminal and across the street from Pershing Square Cafe near the intersection of Park Avenue and East 42nd Street.
Grand Central/42 St - 4, 5, 6, 7 & S
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
- Participants must be able to comfortably walk over pavement for approximately three (3) hours.
- Gratuity is not included in the price.
- The tour guide has full discretion to refuse service to customers based on attire, behavior, physical fitness and condition.
- Drinks and snacks are available for purchase.
- Please note that the Metro-North Railroad is a different rail system from the New York City Subway system. Metro-North tickets must be purchased separately.
- Restroom stops are not guaranteed. Please use the restroom ahead of time.
- No pets allowed with the exception of service animals.
- Smoking is not allowed on the tour.
- Tour runs rain or shine. In the case of severe inclement weather, tour will be canceled and a full refund will be provided.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Credit card
- A valid government-issued photo ID
Requirement(s) - other
- Please note that the credit card used and valid photo ID must be presented upon check-in. The name listed on the credit card must be identical to the contact name listed on booking.
- Transportation is not included in this tour. Please purchase your Metro North Railroad Off-Peak Ticket before your tour. Metro North Railroad tickets are sold at Grand Central Terminal. When purchasing tickets, select destination to Fordham Station. For those of who are returning to Manhattan and other boroughs, please purchase a roundtrip ticket.
|Bronx Little Italy and Arthur Avenue Guided Walking Food Tour|
Check-in at Grand Central Terminal
Begin your food adventure with a historical and cultural walking tour around Belmont, a village in Allegany County, New York. Learn about the local community of Italian, Irish and other immigrants whose generations have helped the Bronx people know today.
Arthur Avenue Staples
Visit the small-time local businesses in Bronx called the Arthur Avenue Staples. Discover Italian bakeries, butcher and fish markets and specialty stores. Also, buy and sample various culinary treats that will show you why this area became New York's culinary center.
Check-out at Arthur Avenue