Ninh Binh Citadels and Trang An Day Tour from Hanoi with Cycling and Boat Ride
Price On Request
Discover the wonders of Northern Vietnam on a cycling and boat tour. Travel to Ninh Binh province, visit the Hoa Lu ancient capital and sail past the limestone karsts of the Trang An landscape complex, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site. Marvel at the natural beauty and fascinating history of Ninh Binh on this scenic day trip from Hanoi. Explore the northern province by bike and boat with your informative guide as they fill you in with insider insights. Get to see rice paddies, the towering limestone karsts in the popular Tam Coc–Bich Dong ecological site, and the historic temples of the Hoa Lu ancient capital. Visit a local family for a homecooked Vietnamese meal in-between your sightseeing adventure.
- Any cancellations made after 08:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Bicycle rental
- Green tea
- Local drink
- 6 months of free access to Lonely Planet’s Guides App (with 8000 destination guides)
- Exclusive 25% discount to the Lonely Planet store
- Transportation fee
- Cruise fee
- English-speaking guide
Min/Max Quantity To Book
- Max Qty: 12 (Maximum tickets can be booked)
- 10 (hrs)
Check In/Pickup Location Details
Please arrive at the check-in location at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
Please take note that the tour may start between 08:00-08:30 due to traffic congestion and other factors.
- Guests must know how to ride a bicycle to participate in this activity.
- Children 12 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- During peak season or selected days when the Trang An is too crowded, a Tam Coc boat trip will be offered as an alternative.
- To guarantee small group experience, this tour will be limited to a maximum of 12 guests.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
Dressing & Items to Bring
- Modest clothing that covers shoulders and knees as the tour will be visiting temples.
- Comfortable shoes
|Ninh Binh Citadels and Trang An Day Tour from Hanoi with Cycling and Boat Ride|
Check-in at the Hanoi Opera House - Front Entrance
Depart from Hanoi
Take a 2-hour drive from Hanoi to Ninh Binh, where the ancient capital of Hoa Lu is located. Be amazed by the timeworn citadels that once covered 300 hectares of land during the Dinh and Le Dynasty. Then, explore the temples dedicated to the emperors of those dynasties.
Ninh Binh Bike Tour
Go on a unique adventure and hop on a bike for a 12-kilometer ride through backroads and among towering limestone karsts. Admire the spectacular scenery along the way.
Trang An Landscape Complex
Visit a local family for a homecooked lunch before proceeding to Trang An. With its towering limestone karsts and amazing scenery, this recently-added UNESCO World Heritage site is home to fascinating ecological sites like Hoa Lu Ancient Citadel and Tam Coc-Bich Dong landscape.
Boat Ride Through Caves
Sneak through caves and sail pass local villages along the Red River Delta aboard. Catch scenic views of lush green rice paddies and the surrounding limestone karsts before departing back to Hanoi.
Drop-off at Select Hotels in Hanoi